10 Best Spanish Learning Programs for Kids in 2023
Today is a good day to know the 10 best Spanish learning programs for kids of 2023!
We made a critical analysis and filtered the programs that stand out from the rest based on the problems they solve, core features, value proposition, standard price point, user experience, and more.
Read on to discover how to choose the best online Spanish course relying on relevance and competitiveness.
The amount of language apps and resources to learn Spanish online is unprecedented in this day and age. Which is why choosing one over the rest has become more laborious.
But let us help with that!
We’ve worked hard to come up with this comparative list. We also divided it into live instruction and software; this will help you choose engaging lessons for your children.
Are you ready to pick the right fit for your kids? Here we go!
Join 559 million people on the planet who speak Spanish!
Sign up for your free trial Spanish class today. ➡️
Spanish Learning Programs: Software
This section is dedicated to Spanish self-learning programs, meaning no teachers are involved.
Some are game-based, while others offer different activities, resources, and teaching platforms with a lesson-by-lesson structure to track fluency progress.
This is one of our favorites. It’s the best option for kids ages 3 to 14 and has over 50 languages.
You can get the 7-day free trial to see if your kids are comfortable with this game-based app and learn a second language while collecting rewards.
Academic videos, songs, books, stories, games, print-outs, flashcards, worksheets, and writing exercises are some of the resources you can find available online on Dinolingo.
It’s recommended to use it for 15 to 30 minutes a day.
- Kids learn by the immersion method, meaning there are no translations during the lessons
- They promise that children will learn more than 120 new words and phrases after three months of use
- Schools and teachers use it only as a complement to their Spanish learning programs
- $14.95 a month
The subscription to The Cultured Kid includes play-centered classes that are brain-based.
You can choose to do either 5 minutes a day or 30 minutes a week, and entire families can use it since it’s made not just for kids.
With The Culture Kid, users will not only have quality time with loved ones, but it can also help to build confidence when it comes to acquiring new skills.
Each month the site introduces a new unit with new topics divided into weekly chunks.
- Kids learn one topic each month, which makes the process less confusing
- 7-day money-back guarantee
- Lesson plans for parents
- Some parents feel that 5 minutes a day or 30 minutes a week is not enough to learn a new language
- $39 a month
With Calico, you have 24/7 access to four levels, video stories, music videos with sing-alongs, printable flashcards, activity sheets, storybooks, read-alouds, and parent guides included in your subscription.
Sounds impressive, right?
All this material will help your kids to improve their fluency, and you can also get the family pack.
- Parent guides available.
- Their engaging stories will keep your kids interested
- Users have to buy some materials separately
- $19 a month
Rosetta Stone is one of the strongest Spanish learning software, and they have over 25 years of experience.
It provides structured exercises in 24 different languages, including games and activities that reinforce vocabulary and grammar.
And you can use it anytime and practice anywhere! There’s no limit to Rosetta Stone.
- They offer progress reports, monitor tools, and offline connectivity
- Wide range of materials
- No free trials
- Not personalized or customized
- $7.99 a month
Risas y Sonrisas is a platform created by the people who made the Spanish For Kids website.
It’s one of the best Spanish learning programs, and the reason parents like it is because they argue that parents don’t need to know Spanish to teach it to their kids.
Additionally, it offers engaging materials for kids, parents, and teachers.
- They provide an instructor manual with over 100 hours of lesson plans
- You have to buy some materials separately
- You can get the whole Homeschool Spanish learning program for kids for $240 or $320 a year
Spanish Learning Programs with Live Instruction
For some parents, human interaction is a must when it comes to learning a new language, and they especially look for native speakers.
After all, teachers can give real guidance and be present during the learning process. This is important because all kids learn in different ways and learn at their own pace.
Real-life conversations expose your kids to idioms, phrases, complex words, and even to a more real pronunciation of Spanish.
In these programs, you can choose from small group sessions or private classes.
With Kids’ Club Spanish School, you can access 1-on-1 25-minute lessons with native Spanish speakers.
You can choose from a wide range of tutors from many different countries and have various accents. They offer flexible scheduling, a structured curriculum, and the option to stick to your favorite professor.
- You can choose a favorite accent, or your kids can be exposed to several and train their ears
- It’s made for kids only
- They do not have offline resources or platforms
- Classes are often too short
- It’s not suitable for high schoolers
- $18 per 25-minute class
7. Panda Tree
Panda Tree provides an interactive platform with access to personalized videos, games, and activities to practice between sessions at the Kids Hub.
Their curriculum is aligned with ACTFL, perfect for children of all ages (2 to 17).
On this site, you’ll find student-tailored Spanish programs for elementary, middle, and high school kids.
- Their 1-on-1 25 or 50-minute lessons are recorded so parents can review them and get involved
- Seven-day money-back guarantee
- US-based teachers only
- It’s a bit pricey
- Starting at $10 per class
Preply has a marketplace-like format, where you can choose one of the 4,544 Spanish tutors available from over 200 countries. You just need to filter by country, nationality, and budget.
You can click on the teachers’ profiles to see if you’re a match, if you like their Spanish learning programs or techniques and if you are comfortable with the budget.
Don’t panic just because there are thousands of teachers. It’s very easy to book a 50-minute trial lesson in no time!
- Option to filter only native-speaking teachers
- Preply offers free trial lessons
- Tailored plans available
- All teachers have different techniques, abilities, and experience, meaning there is not one single curriculum you can follow
- Lessons can go as low as $5 per class
9. Easy Español
Easy Español offers group courses and private lessons. With their audio cognitive method, kids will work first on the listening skills and then continue with the rest.
Teachers will focus on improving students’ listening and comprehension skills, as it is how they learned their native language.
- Combines the best of the two learning programs: online resources and live sessions with experts
- This is one of the few programs that help kids appreciate other people’s cultures
- Trial lessons as $15 a piece
- $99 for four 40-minute long lessons (kids 7-10 years old), and $116 for the same package for kids 11- 14 years old
The Homeschool Spanish Academy is considered one of the best Spanish learning programs for kids.
It provides 1-on-1 native Spanish instruction and an expert-certified curriculum. In addition, their lessons are student-tailored to kids of all ages to help them achieve specific language goals.
You can benefit from their flexible schedule if you cannot commit to a certain day and hour every week.
They also offer plenty of virtual resources to use at any time of the day, like a YouTube channel, blog articles, ebooks, and web-based live classes.
- Native teachers
- Strong credentials (they’ve been teaching Spanish for over 10 years)
- Spanish specific
- They promise that your kids will speak Spanish from day one
- Siblings can take classes together
- Its subscription is cost-effective
- You can get a free trial lesson
- Accredited by ASC-WASC
- Your kids will be exposed to one accent exclusively, as all native Spanish speakers teachers are from Guatemala
- Limited availability; HSA’s classes are quite popular
- From $9.98 an hour (package lessons)
Many Spanish learning programs and options can suit your needs, but the best choice is to practice with native Spanish speakers.
Real human connection will build confidence and enhance your kid’s skills. It will also help them learn the correct phrases and idioms and promote fluency.
Remember, with our first-rate expert curriculum and 5-star Spanish instruction your kids will speak Spanish from day one!
We can’t wait for you to join us. Try a free class today!
Join one of the 40,000 classes that we teach each month and you can experience results like these…
“This is the best way for your kid to learn Spanish. It’s one-on-one, taught by native Spanish speakers, and uses a curriculum.”
– Sharon K, Parent of 3
“It’s a great way to learn Spanish, from native Spanish speakers in a 1-on-1 environment. It’s been fairly easy to schedule classes around my daughter’s other classes. The best value for us has been ordering multiple classes at a time. All the instructors have been great!”
– Cindy D, Parent of 3
“HSA offers very affordable, quality, one on one classes with a native speaker. My son has greatly benefited from taking classes. We have seen his confidence increase as well as his pronunciation improve, because he learns from a native Spanish speaker. HSA has quick, personal customer service. Our family has been very pleased with our experience so far!”
– Erica P. Parent of 1
Want more free Spanish lessons, fun content, and easy learning strategies for kids? Check these out!
- The Beauty of Spanish Sign Language
- 7 Powerful Reasons Why Bilingualism in Children MattersPowerful Reasons Why Bilingualism in Children Matters
- Multilingual Mastery: How Many Languages Can You Learn?
- The Journey of Becoming Trilingual
- Fall En Español: Exploring Autumn Activities for Kids
- Saying It Like a Native: Exploring Spanish Idioms
- Adapting Education: Spanish Lessons for All Learning Styles
- Fun and Language: Spanish Playdates for Kids
- Latinos in the Game: Meet NFL’s Latino Players - October 24, 2023
- How Many Spanish Speaking Countries Are? - October 18, 2023
- World Mental Health Day: A Vocabulary Guide for Mental Health Workers - October 12, 2023