20 Holiday Phrases in Spanish You Need To Know
The holidays are upon us, and knowing some Spanish Christmas phrases is key for enjoying the festivities wherever you are.
Christmas and other December celebrations are packed with decorations, delicious food,
gifts, and family traditions. The holiday season is widely observed in Spanish-speaking countries.
Taking advantage of the December bliss and using this special time of the year to practice conversation is a must. Learning Spanish Christmas phrases and holiday Spanish vocabulary is guaranteed to bring fantastic results for your fluency.
Embrace Christmas joy with this cheerful list of 20 holiday Spanish phrases!
Show Your Skills With Holiday Spanish Vocab and Spanish Christmas Phrases
Holiday Spanish words are diverse and useful at this time of the year. Spanish Christmas phrases are ideal for Christmas cards, emails, text messages, gift wrapping, and maybe even a game of secret Santa.
Knowing a few Spanish Christmas phrases also shows your confidence as a speaker. It allows you to dabble in conversations related to the season and share holiday wishes with others. Also, if you plan on spending the holidays abroad, these phrases are great as conversation starters with the locals.
Using these Spanish Christmas phrases naturally in conversation is ideal for spreading the magic of Christmas with those around you.
Keep reading for 20 holiday Spanish phrases with audio examples so you can practice listening, speaking, and pronunciation to fast-track your fluency.
20 Holiday Spanish Phrases
La Navidad (Christmas) is widely celebrated around the world. In most Spanish-speaking countries, it’s the most important holiday of the year.
Holiday cheer is visible everywhere you go across Spain and Latin America, including unique traditions like las posadas, delicious food, music, decorations, and warm gatherings.
See also: The Best Christmas Traditions in Mexico
This list of holiday Spanish Christmas phrases is made for you to capture the essence of the celebration.
1. ¡Feliz navidad, que la pases bien!
Merry Christmas, have a good time!
2. ¡Felices fiestas amigos y familia!
Happy holidays friends and family!
3. Te deseo una feliz navidad.
I wish you a merry Christmas.
4. Que disfrutes las fiestas de fin de año.
Enjoy the end of the year festivities.
5. Mis mejores deseos para ti esta navidad y año nuevo.
Best wishes to you this Christmas and New Year’s.
6. ¿Qué regalos y sorpresas le pediste a Papa Noel?
What gifts and surprises did you ask Santa Claus for?
7. Que la paz reine en tu hogar y tus deseos se hagan realidad.
May peace reign in your home and your wishes come true.
8. Que esta navidad el mejor regalo sea compartir con tus seres queridos.
I hope that the best gift this Christmas is sharing with your loved ones.
9. La deliciosa cena navideña, el ponche de huevo y los regalos hacen de la navidad la celebración más especial.
The delicious Christmas dinner, eggnog, and gifts make Christmas the most special celebration.
10. ¡Feliz Januca y fiesta de las luminarias!
Happy Hanukkah and festival of lights!
Hand-picked for you: 12 Unique Christmas Celebrations From Latin America
Holiday Spanish – New Year’s Phrases
El año nuevo (new year’s) is a massive celebration in Spanish-speaking countries. There are unlimited fireworks, singing, dancing, parades, and quirky traditions. People venture to exotic holiday destinations or simply gather at home to start the new year surrounded by loved ones.
Use this list of Spanish New Year’s phrases to welcome 2022!
11. ¡Salud por el año nuevo y por empezar de nuevo!
Cheers to the New Year and starting over!
12. Que este año nuevo se cumplan todas tus deseos.
May all your wishes come true this New Year’s.
13. Que este año nuevo te traiga muchas bendiciones, amor, salud y prosperidad.
May this New Year bring you many blessings, love, health, and prosperity.
14. Cuando marquen las doce de medianoche, le damos la bienvenida al año nuevo con mucha emoción.
At the stroke of twelve midnight, we welcome the new year with plenty of excitement.
14. ¡Feliz navidad y próspero año nuevo!
Merry Christmas and happy New Year!
15. Empecemos la cuenta regresiva para el año nuevo.
Let’s start the countdown to New Year.
16. Que tengas un próspero año nuevo lleno de alegría.
May you have a happy new year full of joy.
17. Te deseo muchos éxitos este 2022.
I wish you much success in 2022.
18. ¡Feliz año! Espero que cumplas todas tus metas y sueños.
Happy New Year! I hope you achieve all your goals and dreams.
19. Te deseo a ti y a tu familia un excelente fin de año.
I wish you and your family an excellent end of the year.
20. Feliz 2022, que esta vuelta al sol traiga muchas bendiciones para todos.
Happy 2022, may this trip around the sun bring many blessings to all.
Keep spreading love with holiday Spanish by reading this list of 25 Romantic Spanish Phrases You Don’t Want to Ignore.
Time to Practice Christmas Spanish Phrases
Make sure to listen to these Christmas Spanish audios and read along. As time moves forward, you’ll notice how easy it becomes to pronounce and use them seamlessly in your everyday Spanish conversation.
The best way to become fluent in another language is through immersion (constantly exposing yourself to it). Music, videos, audiobooks, and engaging in conversation with a Spanish speaker equip you with the right skills.
Spanish speakers are highly valuable in the workplace and earn more competitive salaries. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the demand for Spanish-speakers is bound to keep increasing in coming years.
Sign up for a free trial class at Homeschool Spanish Academy with our certified teachers from Guatemala. They’ll teach you more holiday Spanish vocabulary and the best strategies to use in bilingual conversation. We have a range of programs that adapt to your needs, level, and budget. Expand your communication possibilities and professional opportunities; by taking advantage of our unbeatable prices for 2022.
Join one of the 40,000 classes that we teach each month and you can experience results like these
“This is the best way for your kid to learn Spanish. It’s one-on-one, taught by native Spanish speakers, and uses a curriculum.”
– Sharon K, Parent of 3
“It’s a great way to learn Spanish, from native Spanish speakers in a 1-on-1 environment. It’s been fairly easy to schedule classes around my daughter’s other classes. The best value for us has been ordering multiple classes at a time. All the instructors have been great!”
– Cindy D, Parent of 3
“HSA offers very affordable, quality, one on one classes with a native speaker. My son has greatly benefited from taking classes. We have seen his confidence increase as well as his pronunciation improve, because he learns from a native Spanish speaker. HSA has quick, personal customer service. Our family has been very pleased with our experience so far!”
– Erica P. Parent of 1
Want more Spanish resources and listening practice? Check these out!
- Vegan and Vegetarian Vocabulary in Spanish
- 18 Meanings of ‘Cuenta’ in Common Spanish Idioms
- 7 Spanish Reading Games for Kids: Boosting Literacy Skills
- A-Z: Beginner Spanish Word Lists for Kids + Free Flashcards
- 50 Essential Medical Phrases for Your Upcoming Physical
- How To Introduce Yourself in Spanish
- 100+ Basic Spanish Words and Phrases for Travelers
- 10 Innovative Contemporary Latin American Artists Who Broke the Mold
- 29 Cool and Catchy Spanish Phrases To Use With Friends [+Audio] - January 8, 2023
- A Fun Kids’ Guide to Opposites in Spanish (Free Lesson and Activities) - December 29, 2022
- 10 Fun Spanish Folk Tales for Kids - December 10, 2022