What Makes HSA Spanish Tutoring So Effective?
Homeschool Spanish Academy (HSA) has a unique curriculum and teaching style that can be tailored to the varied needs of students of all ages and levels. The immersive teaching style helps students to learn quickly and in a more natural manner. HSA also offers live online Spanish tutoring from certified instructors to create the best means of learning possible. HSA stands by their teaching style, but what is that makes this approach truly effective?
Here are some of the practices that HSA uses to keep your child engaged, excited to speak Spanish and confident in their linguistic skills.
Classes on Your Child’s Level
One point that HSA takes a lot of pride in is that they can tailor your child’s classes to their grade level or interests. While the basic curriculum remains the same, each teacher has a bit of freedom as to pace, adjusting the amount of time spent writing or speaking as needed or just adding in a bit more conversation.
Many students find that traditional classes goes too slow or too quickly for their style of learning. This often leads to students giving up either from frustration or boredom and hinders learning.
When a teacher can see how a student learns and then responds to that student as an individual as opposed to another face in the crowd, everything changes. Suddenly, class is a place where your child feels supported and the real learning begins.
Time for Review
One of the elements of language learning that can make it overwhelming is the sheer number of words, grammar rules and exceptions that students have to juggle as the semester advances. This is why time for reflection is so important.
Students retain their new vocabulary and master grammar rules when they have a chance to revisit them. Review sessions pull double duty – they serve as a warm up and get learners ready for new material, but it also reinforces the past lessons in the student’s mind. While it can be tempting to power through old lessons and focus on new words and phrases, review truly is key to making students confident Spanish speakers.
Real Conversation and Interaction
As a parent, you have a lot of choices for online classes, but very few offer live, in-person Spanish tutoring. The majority rely on automated lessons your child can click through.
When students have an actual teacher to interact with during class and tutoring sessions, the learning dynamic changes. Knowing that a real person is on the other side of his or her lesson means they can go beyond staring at a screen and develop a connection with their educator. It also opens the door to natural, organic conversation in Spanish to help reinforce your child’s skills and become a bilingual learner.
Sign up for a free class today to see for yourself just how effective HSA tutoring is for learners of all ages. Click here to schedule your session.
Want to learn more about HSA? Check these out!
- Simple: An Interactive Spanish Book for Preschool!
- 6 Compelling Reasons Why Your School Should Outsource Spanish Class
- Become Fluent in Spanish at a Fraction of the Cost
- The CEFR and How Homeschool Spanish Academy Uses It
- Homework: How Much is Too Much?
- Private and Hybrid School Students Benefit from Outsourced Spanish Class
- The Perfect Spanish Curriculum for Your Child
- Which Do You Choose: The Middle School or High School Curriculum?
- What to Expect from a Year with Homeschool Spanish Academy
- Top Cost-Effective Spanish Classes for Kids
Latest posts by Ron Fortin (see all)
- Learn Spanish Fast: Reshaping the Methods Used to Learn Spanish - March 5, 2019
- Mission Trip Spanish You Need to Know to Survive! - July 31, 2018
- How to Keep a Language Journal and Why it Helps - July 16, 2018