Top Cost-Effective Spanish Class Options for Kids
If you’re looking for Spanish lessons for kids and you don’t know where to start, this post is for you!
As parents, we all want the best education for our children and a second language is an important part of that. Having decided that you want your kids to learn Spanish, is a wonderful present for them as you’re giving them a headstart in life and opening a wide door to a world of new possibilities.
However, the task of finding the right school for your kids can be overwhelming as there are too many options out there and they all claim to be the best one. How can you be sure?
With this in mind, I have done the research for you and selected the 10 best cost-effective options offering Spanish lessons for kids. Keep reading to find a brief description of each school method and a list of pros and cons.
Looking for the Best Spanish Lessons for Kids?
Once you have decided that you want to give your kids the gift of a second language and that Spanish should be that language, you’re confronted by the question of which are the best, cost-effective class options out there for your children?
The internet is a wonderful thing, but at the same time, it can be a daunting universe of endless options without the proper guide. For that reason, as a parent and teacher with a long experience and a deep interest in the subject, I’ve done the research for you, and compiled my Top 10 of Spanish lessons for kids online.
What Are Your Options?
The following list of online classes in Spanish for kids includes a diversity of options that cover 1-on-1 online lessons, language learning apps, and a comprehensive language learning software program.
Explore these interesting Spanish classes for kids, choose the one that best fits your kids’ needs, and put them in the right path to Spanish fluency:
1. Homeschool Spanish Academy
Homeschool Spanish Academy (HSA) provides Spanish lessons for kids of all ages, from preschool to highschool, including elementary and middle school. They offer flexible scheduling, tailored Spanish packages, and are even able to provide high school Spanish credit with transcripts.
Their approach is a comprehensive one, combining the personal classes with a written curriculum. The HSA system also includes homework, quizzes and exams, and report cards. What’s more, if you have two kids you can sign them up to take classes in Spanish at the same time, and you get a free trial lesson to find out if it’s the right choice for you.
- Live instructors
- Free trial lesson
- Low cost
- Conversational classes and written curriculum
- Focus on developing the 4 language skills: speaking, listening, reading, and writing
- Flexible scheduling
- Native teachers
- Possibility of siblings taking classes together
- There is no diversity of accents as all teachers are from Guatemala.
- Highly popular classes means reduced availability.
Price: From $9.98 per class.
Preply is a multi-language platform with tutors from all over the world offering online classes according to your needs.
Just in Spanish, Preply has more than 11,000 tutors worldwide, some of them native, some of them non-native. Due to its huge size, Preply focuses mostly in conversational Spanish and it doesn’t follow a single curriculum.
- You can choose your Spanish tutor according to your budget.
- Free trial lesson
- Live instructors
- Learning plan tailored to your needs
- Not all teachers are native.
- Doesn’t follow a single curriculum.
- Some tutors are quite expensive.
- Not Spanish-specific.
Price: Each tutor sets their own rate from as low as $9 per class and up to $30 per class.
If you’re looking for the best app for kids learning Spanish for free, then Duolingo is for you. Duolingo has a free version, with an option to upgrade at any time to enjoy all the extra features the app has to offer.
This app is a perfect way of learning Spanish for kids, as it provides short, fun, gamified lessons that make learning interesting for your kids. Give them a tablet and they’ll be eager to learn by themselves.
- Fun learning experience.
- Free version.
- Learn at any time.
- No teacher to guide your kids.
- Focuses on grammar.
- It doesn’t follow a curriculum.
- Automatized learning.
Price: Free limited version. Duolingo Plus costs $6.99 per month.
4. Kid’s Club Spanish School
Kids’ Club Spanish School is a small online school that specializes in teaching Spanish for kids. It follows a set program and has developed a series of colorful monsters to make the learning experience more fun for your kids.
Kids’ Club classes in Spanish are 25-minute long on 1-on-1 video chat and are better suited for kids from 5 and up to 13 years old.
- Native Spanish speaking teachers.
- Specialized in kids.
- Set curriculum.
- Fun characters.
- Not suitable for older kids.
- Old fashioned website.
- Short classes.
- Not grammar-based.
Price: From $18 per 25-minute class.
5. 121 Spanish
121 Spanish provides school classes in Spanish via Zoom. It isn’t a school specialized in kids, however, it has a kids’ club section specifically designed for the younger learners.
This platform offers Spanish lessons for kids of 25 or 50 minutes long, although they recommend longer classes. A supporting partner app works as an additional resource that enriches their lessons.
- Partner app.
- Affordable prices.
- Native teachers.
- Most tutors come from Guatemala, which limits learning a variety of accents.
- Not specialized in kids.
Price: From $13.32 per class.
6. Panda Tree
Panda Tree is a language school specialized in Chinese and Spanish lessons for kids from 2 to 17 years old. It offers live, 1-on-1 Spanish lessons for beginners, with flexible scheduling, and a personalized program according to your child needs.
An interesting feature of Panda Tree is that the classes in Spanish are customized depending on your kids age group, it also includes a Kid Hub for practice between lessons, and parent updates.
- Live instructor.
- Kid Hub.
- Parent updates.
- Parents can watch the lesson recordings.
- Not Spanish specific.
- US-based teachers.
- Not the most affordable option.
Price: From $16 per one-to-one class.
7. Sarah’s Spanish School
Sarah’s Spanish School is a small online school offering classes in Spanish for kids from kindergarten to 6th grade. This is a good option for large families with multiple kids, as it’s just one subscription per family.
The lessons aren’t 1-on-1, but you can attend live classes every afternoon from Monday to Friday, and you can watch the recordings at any time too.
- Family subscription.
- Free trial class.
- Possibility of watching the lesson recordings.
- Not 1-on-1.
- Not a personalized learning experience.
- Limited spots in classes.
Price: From $147 per month for their school elite program.
Baselang method is interesting and a little bit different from most options. It offers 1-on-1 online lessons with native Spanish-speaking teachers from Colombia, but you don’t pay for the class, but per month and you have access to an unlimited number of classes in that month.
Depending on your needs and preferences, Baselang offers two different methods: Gramarless and Real World. The downside of this online school is that it isn’t specialized in kids.
- Unlimited 1-on-1 lessons in a month.
- Two programs to choose from.
- They guarantee conversational Spanish in a month.
- Gramarless program focuses only on developing speaking skills.
- Unlimited option forces you to pay $149 per month.
- Not specialized in kids.
Price: Unlimited one-on-one classes from $149 per month.
9. Rosetta Stone
Rosetta Stone is a classic language learning software that uses text, images, sound, and repetition to teach Spanish. This is a great tool to have at home and help your kids learn the language at their own pace.
The issue with Rosetta Stone is that it doesn’t provide 1-on-1 classes in Spanish. This means that your kid will be on their own with no live help when something goes wrong or isn’t well understood. As with the apps, I believe this is a great resource if taken as an additional tool, but not as the main learning source.
- Analyzes your kids’ progress.
- A wide variety of materials.
- Comprehensive approach.
- No live instructor.
- No free trial.
- Not personalized learning experience or customized program.
Price: From $7.99 per month.
10. My Lingo Kids
My Lingo Kids is a multi-language platform specifically designed for kids aged 3 to 17. It offers online Spanish lessons for kids via Skype with native Spanish-speaking instructors.
My Lingo Kids has 3 study groups: kiddos (3-8), youngsters (9-12), and teens (13-17). Parents can monitor their child’s progress, scheduled their lessons, and check their kid’s homework.
- Live instructors.
- Customized profiles for students and parents.
- Native teachers.
- Get an official certificate.
- Parents can monitor their kids’ progress.
- Not the most affordable option in the market.
- Not specialized in Spanish.
Price: From $15 per 30-minute class.
Find the Right Option for Your Children and Give Them a Headstart in Spanish!
Learning Spanish for kids has never been so easy. As a parent, you have a diversity of options offering a wide range of different features, programs, and methods. Find the right one for your children and enable them to become a multilingual individual. Remember that kids who speak Spanish, more easily learn one of the other Romance languages such as French, Italian, or Portuguese.
Sign up your child for a free class with one of our certified, native Spanish-speaking teachers from Guatemala. They teach more than 24,000 actively enrolled students every month, with flexible scheduling, and tailored Spanish packages.
It’s an honor to serve you. We invite you to learn more about your online Spanish options!
- Create a Noticing Wall for Your Children Learning Spanish
- How To Set Up the Perfect Study Environment for at-Home Learning
- Our Homeschool Spanish Learning Experience in Rural America
- The Secret Formula to Teach Your Children Spanish When You Don’t Speak the Language
- Top Cost-Effective Spanish Class Options for Kids
- How to Track and Measure Your Spanish Learning Progress
- How We Bring Native Spanish Home with Homeschool Spanish Academy
- My Stepson’s Experience Learning Spanish with HSA
- Explore the Heart of Central America: Costa Rica - October 14, 2021
- The History and Cultural Expressions of Belize - October 5, 2021
- Create a Noticing Wall for Your Children Learning Spanish - October 5, 2021